Friday, September 15, 2006

How do I realize the economic potential of the knowledge and abilities I have and those I am developing?

I need to integrate the totality of that knowledge and skills and focus them in specific projects.
In doing this, I need to allow the natural orientation of my soul to fulfil itself.

What does that mean?

I would need to explain what I mean by "soul”, as well as "orientation"
By soul, I refer to a centre of my self that is enigmatic, little understood but very potent. It is the focus of my most exalted drives. Drives that relate to what Rilke describes as the justification of my existence, an effort to validate the fundamental significance of my life, above and beyond the values assimilated from society on the significance of live and how it should be lived. It is fed by external sources such as ideas and experiences that emerge from outside me. In fact it was through such external influence that I began to develop a personality commensurate with what I describe as a soul.

By orientation of my soul, I refer to the deep lying drives that are almost instinctive to me but do emerge from the instinctual biological drives, such as the need for food, clothing and shelter. They have been evoked through encounters with powerfully stirring ideas in books, reinforced through further intercourse with such ideas in interactions with people, refined and consolidated, ground into me through decades of exploring and living by these ideas as well as the experiences on encounter with enigmatic potencies within my self and in nature that emerge from mediation looking within myself as well as in natural spaces.

What would you describe then, as the natural orientation of your soul?

First, let me explain what I mean when I speak of a natural orientation in relation to the soul on account of the apparent contradiction between the notion of the natural, suggesting something innate, and my statement that the development of the aspect of my personality I call my soul emerges through the stimulus of ideas from external sources.
I describe those drives as "natural" because of the their depth and integration into the nature of my personality. They have become so integral to my personality that they can be spoken of not simply in terms of the intimacy of the creeper and the vine but of the roots of the tree itself, which are vital to its nourishment.

Can one trace the se roots to their fundamental destination?

Or perhaps its true that my experiences with external stimuli represent a catalyst to awaken something that was already present in me. It was certainly present a potential or do we say that the potential was created through that stimuli? No. I would expect that my human potential for response was largely defined in terms of its ultimate range but that aspects of that potential were evoked by those encounters?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home